- The school year is finally over. Gracious, who would have thought that summer vacation would start on July 22. The kids were out of school for 8 weeks (including two at Christmas) while we moved and found a place to live so I suppose they have to make up the time anyway. They go back on September 2 just like our American friends.
- We celebrated the 4th of July with another American expat family.
- Vacation planning is in high gear. We are planning a trip whilst the kids are on summer break. You are going to love it!
- We experienced an actual summer heat wave in late July. The temperatures rose to 30 degrees Celsius (86 degrees Fahrenheit) on Friday, July 18. London was warmer than Chicago. The heat in our house was not horrible; we have a nice breeze that circulates. The Underground trains and busses are another story. Situations like this highlight how not everyone bathes weekly in this country.
- Holly & the kiddos have now ridden all of the Underground lines. The Waterloo & City line was the last one, and it was not very exciting as it has two stops - Bank & Waterloo.
- Whilst playing with his sister, Youngest Kiddo bent his ring finger back quite far. When it turned purple and began to swell, we determined a trip to the hospital was in order. It was just a sprain that required a little tape to stabilize the finger.
- Holly went with Oldest Kiddo's class on a field trip to the British Museum to learn about Buddha. It was surreal to know that whilst working on a multimedia project in the basement of the museum, thousands of people were walking above us.
- Youngest Kiddo lost his first tooth!